Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Laugh With Him at His Nightmare!

Shane Burcaw is a remarkable young man from a remarkable family.

He uses humor to make the bad stuff less bad, not to avoid the bad. His blog, Laughing at My Nightmare is a great place to go. Here's his basic bio....

Hello, I'm Shane Burcaw. I'm 20 years old and I have a disease called Spinal Muscular Atrophy that will eventually kill me. I have been in a wheelchair since I was two. I love to laugh and my life is pretty funny. ...


I recently started a nonprofit to spread positivity and raise money for muscular dystrophy research! To learn more and to support us visit laughingatmynightmare.com

Also, I am a Junior at Moravian College in Bethlehem, PA, studying English.

I have been honored to know some of his family for many, many years and his views on life are no surprise. He is someone whose story will change how you look at your life.



More: Here's a video, Happiness is Always an Option, from Shane's non-profit:


And his first inspirational video, The Choice is Yours, from a year ago.



I am humbled and in awe of what this young man and his life have accomplished!

Keep laughing, Shane. It's contagious.

No comments: