Sunday, February 23, 2014

You Find the Greatest Things

Came across a link this morning that is geared to help those of us who write and read in coffee shops.

It is a web site that plays a background sound of a coffee house murmur.

I am using it right now as I write this- and it's working. I feel like I've gone to my favorite Caribou Coffee.

It is called Coffitivity. (Link)

On their site they point out that it is hard to be creative in either quiet or noisy conditions. They provide:

the mix of calm and commotion in an environment like a coffee house [that] is proven to be just what you need to get those creative juices flowing.
Maybe in those too quiet place we get too easily distracted by our own thoughts and don't stay on track. I know my ADD does that to me all the (squirrel!) time. The theory that I have heard- and agree with- is that the background noise, or my music on my headphones, etc- becomes a magnet for the ADD attitude and allows the brain to stay focused on what it is doing.
Their tag
Coffitivity
Enough noise to work.

I don't know if that is really how it works, but I know it works.

The problem with Coffitivity, though, is that I have to brew my own coffee.

Oh- and so far I haven't heard the espresso machine, either.

No comments: