Friday, December 20, 2013

Surprising Actions

Those who have known me for years know that I have never been a morning person. The snooze button is one of the great modern inventions. It has allowed me to avoid the getting-out-of-bed decision more often than not. This does not mean I haven't gotten up early for things like work. That's a given. For most of the past 6 years I have been out of bed by 5:30 am most work days; sometimes a little later, but not very often. That is one of the nice perks of this semi-retirement that started a few weeks ago- no more early mornings.

Most mornings, though, I have been getting up before the alarm. I kind of do some things around, check the computer, etc. Well, this morning it went to an extreme. I woke up and was having trouble and couldn't go back to sleep. So I got up.

At 7:15 am.

By 10:45 I:

  • took the car for an oil change
  • got a haircut
  • went to the library and picked up a book and
  • shopped for some things I needed at the grocery.

A full day's effort before 11:00.


Where is my body and what have you done with it?

Okay- I confess- I did take a nap this afternoon.

But hey, it's on my time.

Things are interesting. I am not yet accustomed to this non-scheduled schedule. But it is fun.

No comments: