Monday, September 04, 2017

Read This Book!





Every month I check the Amazon Best Books of the Month list. I look for ones that sound interesting. This one, When the English Fall, seemed to stand out. Perhaps because it was about the Amish in Pennsylvania, a place I have known well. Perhaps it was the intriguing description of it being a story about how the “Plain Flok” fare when a cosmic disaster strikes and knocks out cars, electricity and technology. I was not expecting to be hit up the side of the head by a 2x4!

It is an amazing book, told in the form of the diary of one of the Amish. It is the struggle he and his community face over a three-month period. It is about faith and trust, doubt and peace. I could not put it down as Jacob raises many things to think about. If you wonder about faith and daily life, read this book! Have an open mind- but a caution- it is far greater than what it seems!

No comments: