Sunday, May 18, 2014

All In One


Jesus says that he is
the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

So what does that mean?

Let's keep it simple..

  • The Way- the road
  • The Truth- the direction of the road
  • The Life- what you find on the Way of the Truth.
I am sure that this can (and has been) easily misused, abused and twisted. But the simplicity of it struck me as I was reflecting on the passage which was today's Gospel.

In Jesus we can find the road that is the best one to take. Once we find the road, we will find the directions (the map) that shows us how we are to travel. With the map in hand we begin to travel the road- the pilgrimage of faith and Spirit and there we find life in all its abundance.

I don't think God intends this to be a very closed and difficult road.

I don't think God intended this just to be for that small, elite group that believes right or has some kind of inside track.

I don't think God intends that this is a way to keep people from entering into God's amazing presence through some sorting of having been fortunate to have been born in the right place at the right time.

I have discovered that this is a way of openness and grace. If

The Way is open to someone like me and
The Truth is understandable by all, then
The Life can be mine.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments: