Sunday, March 02, 2014

Never Too Late

We were at the Grand Ole Opry this past Friday evening. A first visit for me and a great line-up of legends and music. Bt the main reason I am writing about it today is simply the performance by Mac MacAnally. Mac is a singer, songwriter, musician. He is part of Jimmy Buffet's band as well as a solo artist. He has been around for quite a few years and won numerous Country Music awards.

He is 57 years old.

And Friday evening was the first time he ever played that musically-hallowed place.

It's never too late! Which resonated with me as I head further into my semi-retirement, or more to the point, my Third Career.

Here's a video of Mac performing an Allman Brothers song, Little Matha, that he did on stage at the Opry. It was even more impressive in person- and Mac got a standing ovation.

Way to go.

Enjoy the video.


No comments: