Sunday, September 01, 2013

Lots of Les Mis


Rochester Civic Theater is putting on an incredible performance starting in mid-September.

Les Miserables.

I have the great joy of sharing in playing 3rd trumpet for the run. I am excited. This is the first time I have played in the pit for a show since High School. It does mean a great deal of time over the next two weeks, especially. Over the next 14 evenings I will be at the theater 11, with playing all three shows of opening weekend. Since 3rd trumpet has quite a bit of sitting and counting (yes, The Count was my favorite Sesame Street character!) I am ready to be reflecting and making notes over these two weeks.

There is a lot more to the musical than the music, of course. As anyone who has seen last year's movie will attest the underlying philosophical issues are ones that play into our world today. Perhaps that is why the book and musical remain the subject of so much interest. Perhaps after these next two weeks are over and I can catch my breath I will see what thoughts will make their way to these posts.

Until then, I will still be blogging and playing and working. Wish me well.

No comments: