Sunday, August 18, 2013

Out at the "Old" Ballpark

Well, Target Field isn't old. But that's where I'm heading today for another game. It hasn't been a great year for the Twins (again.) It looks like we're back to that perennial state of "rebuilding." Consistency hasn't been a word to use this year. But at least we aren't in the basement.

So why go to the game when odds are against winning, except like today when we're playing one of the teams worse than us?

Because it's
  • summertime
  • baseball
  • outdoors
  • a great place to spend an afternoon with my daughter!
If I did nothing else as a father (and I hope I did!) raising a baseball fan is a great gift to pass on. Then, on top of is, to get the opportunity to go to several games a year with her- that's even better. Sitting up there on the top deck of Target Field, both of us snapping long-distance-zoom pictures with our Nikon cameras, talking about baseball, weather, Green Bay Packers (had to get them in here, too), work, retirement possibilities (for me) and generally anything that comes up.

It doesn't get much better than that on a beautiful August afternoon in Minnesota!

No comments: