Thursday, August 01, 2013

I Came VERY Close

Way back in March I set a goal. By August 1 I would lose 26 pounds and be down to 180.

I almost made it. As of this morning I weighed in at 180.8.

I am excited by it. I have never been this successful at sticking with it when it came to losing weight. Of course, I never had so much to lose. When I made the decision to do this, thanks to work colleagues who started a Biggest Loser contest, I knew that it was important. I was noticing the obvious difficulty of carrying around that extra weight. I knew that as I got to age 65, it would be increasingly difficult to maintain health if I didn't.

So I started- and so far I haven't looked back.

Fortunately I love riding my bike. In fact last month was my best bike riding month this year. Including stationary bike riding at the gym, I covered over 236 miles. Over 150 of that was commuting to work on 13 of a possible 21 days! As I said in a post a few weeks ago, it has added a whole new dimension to the idea of commuting.

The next  goal? I hope to be down to 170 pounds by the end of the year when some other exciting things may be happening. But that's for a later time.

For now, as I roll on into 65, I am celebrating my health and happiness.

It feels great!

No comments: