Looking back, there were a few interesting items in the week's news that bear at least a Sunday mention. Here goes:
- Israel and the Palestinians: Here we go again.
War! What is it good for?
Nothing but death and destruction and hatred.
- A Roman Catholic Church in northern Minnesota has barred a young man from confirmation and his family from communion after the young man posted on Facebook opposing the marriage amendment which the church strongly favored. Of course that's their right, but if the church started barring people with less than correct theology, ideology, or behaviors I have a hunch the pews would be empty of all but those who aren't telling the truth. Wonder if Don Corleone (of Godfather fame) would be allowed to communion these days?)
- A Day of Justice last week:
- BP to pay $4.5 billion in fines and restitution. Amen.
- Seen on Facebook:
- Two weeks ago it was the general election. Now it's the general's erection?
- Tim Tebow of the New York Jets and athlete poster boy for faith and John 3:16 dissed very publicly by his teammates. His response, "I'm disappointed."
- Miguel Cabrera- Triple Crown Winner of the Detroit Tigers is also the MVP.
- And finally, the headline of the week that is about a year too late:
- Republicans Run From Romney