Wednesday, January 04, 2012

My 2012 Watchword

I post it over there at the top of the right sidebar. In our denomination we have this tradition of "watchwords" that guide one through a day, week, or year. Usually on New Year's Eve or the Sunday right after that we pass around the baskets containing scripture verses for each person to choose one. Since I knew I was not going to be in church for that I stuck my hand into the bag with the watchwords before I had my surgery. (It helps to live with the pastor.)
Here is what came out:

In quietness and in trust shall be your strength.
-Isaiah 30:15
Considering I was facing surgery and 7 weeks of recuperation, I smiled and relaxed. No, it is not meant to be predictive or prophetic. It is a word from The Word to keep me going in 2012.

So far it has done its normal miracle.

No comments: