Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Time Again for Recuperation

I'm calling Thursday's hospital stay Surgery 3.0. The first (1.0) was just about three years ago in Feb 2009. Then came 2.0 this past summer. Both were lower back with quick and easy recuperations. But in the examining that led to Surgery 2.0 the difficulties in the cervical spine were also discovered. We waited as long as we could in 2011 since I wanted to get through Christmas, which, as I will write about in a future post, was fortuitous.

Anyway, the time is approaching. I am having an anterior cervical something or other with fusion. I will be in the hospital for only 2-3 days at most but recuperation is to be 6-8 weeks. Therefore, liking to be in the middle of the road on at least a few things, I have taken 7 weeks med leave. As I write this on Wednesday afternoon I have gotten just about everything ready and will be at the hospital bright and early.

I am pre-posting some things here for the next 5-7 days, but through the wonders of Wi-Fi and B&N Color Nook, I may even get something posted about an update. So far I have received lots of good information from some friends who have gone through this- and it all sounds good. I am getting lots of prayers. I feel very confident in the doctor who also did Surgeries 1.0 and 2.0.

Prayers are of course welcome- and I will keep you posted.

No comments: