Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Resurrection

Sprouts2


Spring.


And time for my first bike ride of the season at home. What better day to do that than Easter Sunday afternoon when we finally had some warmth and sun.


I felt resurrected after a 10-mile ride around my normal routes here in town. Signs of spring are still hard to see but there.
Sprouts1



Willows1
Over along Silver Lake the Willows are greening up and as photogenic as ever.

Loon3

But the surprise of the ride was a couple of loons. They must be on their way north because I don't remember seeing any of them around here before. As I was rounding one of the curves on the trail I heard that distinctive call and looked over the lake.

There were two of them and I don't know enough about loon behavior to know if what I watched was part of mating - or a warning that I was there. In any case, the dance was interesting to observe.

Here are a few of the pictures....

Loon9

Loon11

Loon12

Loon15

No comments: