Management guru Seth Godin has a way of bringing it down to the basics. Here is his list that he simply titles:
And I assure you, this is not just for business. It is a great way to develop a healthy, caring personal life with hopeful relationships across the board.
- Defer to others
- Avoid shortcuts
- Tell the truth
- Offer kindness
- Seek alliances
- Volunteer to take the short straw
- Choose the long-term, sacrificing the short
- Demonstrate respect to all, not just the obviously strong
- Share credit and be public in your gratitude
- Risking the appearance of weakness takes strength.