Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Not Being Trumped

The President is coming to town tomorrow. I'm leaving for the day.

What a mess the downtown will be all day. Streets closed starting at 8:00 am. Rolling closures later after his plane lands and he travels into town. More tickets handed out than there are available seats in a relatively small venue.

Someone suggested I should go see him to actually hear him in person. I must admit I did think of that for a moment after it was announced he was coming. My news-based, political science-major curiosity would have been interested.

But I didn't think I could remain civil- or that my blood pressure could take it. He is a mean, uncaring, self-centered narcissist. His language at the rally the other day about "evil" democrats as the "enemy" is bordering on a very dangerous approach to American politics.

What have we become? My God, what have we become?

So I'm leaving town for the day. Too close for comfort.

No comments: