Friday, July 03, 2015

Anti-Expert Won't Get Us Far

Another in my series of posts about seriously dumb sayings on church signs. This one is a winner:

Experts built the Titanic
Amateurs built the ark
That of course makes absolutely no sense.It is a poke at so-called experts who regularly make mistakes. And of course amateurs are always so much better at doing things than experts.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to fly in an airplane built by amateurs with no experience. Nor do I want to trust my life to driving a car some amateur put together with parts from who knows where.

I don't know what the point of this saying is supposed to be, other than to get someone's attention. Well I guess it worked.

But whatever the point, there is a point it misses. Noah may have been an amateur, but he was directed by God, who, I assume, knew what needed to be done.

When will we stop making fools of ourselves?
Sidenote: I drove by that sign again and noticed that the sign had "amateurs" misspelled!

No comments: