Friday, April 24, 2015

Some Quotes

It's been a while since I did some surfing for quotes. I ran across one the other day when researching something else that got me back on this track. So, let's get started.

Let me start with the one I found first. It tickled my imagination- and my reality. There are billions of people in the world that don't know I exist. That should make me feel humble. Instead it forces me to go looking for them.

I envy paranoids; they actually feel people are paying attention to them.
-Susan Sontag
This edgy, fun, late comedian pointed out that reality and illusion can keep us sane.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them. -- Mitch Hedberg
What would a series of quotes be without good old Billy S. Jest is a way of adding a spoonful of sugar to what we don't want to hear.
In jest, there is truth. Shakespeare
Apropos of the recent Masters Golf Tournament, Bob Hope knew the importance of paying attention to the foursome behind you.
If I'm on the [golf] course and lightning starts, I get inside fast. If God wants to play through, let him.
-Bob Hope
Groucho is always good for an insight at how to be successful.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
― Groucho Marx
And where there's Marx, there is also Lennon.
That's part of our policy, is not to be taken seriously, because I think our opposition, whoever they may be, in all their manifest forms, don't know how to handle humor.
-John Lennon
Finally, my personal motto on days like this.
[A] quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business.
― A.A. Milne

No comments: