Any writer will tell you how much time they feel they have to spend doing "research." That, of course, is the code word for that time spent doing myriad activities on the Internet that have absolutely no connection with anything we are actually writing. (Unless you are writing a blog post about
wasting time er, research. That happened the other evening. I spent last week subbing at work for a colleague on vacation as well as several evening commitments. So, finally, with time to write I found myself doing "research."
Did you know that Wikipedia is a fount of research knowledge? It is especially useful on evenings like that and you remember, "Ah, yes, there is the "random article" link on the left sidebar.
So, with no further ado, here is what I found in but a few moments of deep and important research:
- Leucodynerus is a Nearctic genus of small sized potter wasps distributed in south western United States and northern Mexico.
- D47 may refer to:
- HMS Gabbard (D47), a 1945 Battle-class destroyer of the Royal Navy
- HMS Delhi (D47), a British Royal Navy World War II Danae class cruiser
- D47 road (Croatia), a state road
- and also:
- a DICOMED precision color film recorder
- the ICD-10 code for the other neoplasms of uncertain or unknown behaviour of lymphoid, haematopoietic and related tissue
- Semi-Slav Defense chess code
- In enzymology, a Z-farnesyl diphosphate synthase (EC 18.104.22.168) is an enzyme that catalyzes the chemical reaction- geranyl diphosphate + isopentenyl diphosphate \rightleftharpoons diphosphate + (2Z,6E)-farnesyl diphosphate
- The Wetterspitzen are three of the rocky peaks on a mountain ridge in the Wetterstein mountains in the central part of the Eastern Alps in Germany. They lie two kilometres, as the crow flies, southwest of Germany's highest peak, the Zugspitze, on the border between the Austrian province of Tyrol and the German state of Bavaria.
- (24836) 1995 TO1 is a main-belt minor planet. It was discovered through the Beijing Schmidt CCD Asteroid Program at the Xinglong Station in the Chinese province of Hebei on October 14, 1995.[
- Man Push Cart is a 2005 American independent film by Ramin Bahrani that tells the story of a former Pakistani rock star who sells coffee and bagels from his pushcart on the streets of Manhattan.