Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Signs of NOLA

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign (Five Man Electrical Band)

And I love signs.
They catch our attention,
They make us laugh,
They tell us where we are.

Some are iconic signs. Just seeing them brings all kinds of images and strike the imagination with richness.

Others seem to move in their own light.

Some raise more questions than they answer.

Many have a theological agenda.

Some make you wonder which theology they are offering

Signs in New Orleans, just around the French Quarter,
catch our attention-
which is the purpose, of course,
But the colors are striking,
day or night.

I'm not sure I even want to try to translate some of the signs.

Some, are just right, as the neighborhood
must be reminded that life is more
than just what is going on
on the streets.

I don't look for signs. 
But when things happen, I say, 'OK, something must be right.' 
Or 'OK, something must be wrong.'
-Lil Wayne

No comments: