Sunday, April 14, 2013

Advice for Writing

I saw this yesterday on Facebook:

Write what you know!
Write what you don't know!
Write!
So, I wrote about a couple things I don't know:
  • I don't know how many things around me work. Fortunately I don't need to know how my computer works to use it. Similarly I don't need to know how other people work (think, etc) in order to work with them. It sure leaves me a lot of room to grow and learn, though.

  • I don't know why life has to be so complicated. Of course, most of the time I have a hunch that it is not as complicated as I make it. So perhaps my ignorance of the answer to that question is found in Occam's Razor:
[A]mong competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected.
or
one should proceed to simpler theories until simplicity can be traded for greater explanatory power.
--Wikipedia
Or, KISS- Keep it Simple Stupid!

Just thought I would share those- and go back to writing.

No comments: