Wednesday, November 07, 2012

A Wonder of an Election



I went to vote yesterday after supper, got the sticker and put it in my journal.

=======>


I then posted the picture on Facebook with the following thought:

The 11th time I have voted in a national election. It is always an amazing feeling. Sadly I have been on the winning side only three times so far- 1992,1996,2008. I hope to make two in a row.

Needless to say, I did. At 10:12 (CST) last evening Obama was declared the winner. I am now 4 for 11. What that means for me is that in the past 40 years (since 1972, the first time I could vote in a Presidential election), I have lived with the president I voted for only 12 years. That's only 30% of the time.

I will be blogging more in the next few days about last evening's events and some of my reactions and thoughts over the next number of days. This is, I believe, a critical time in our nation's history. How we all handle it will have more to say about our future than just who happened to have been elected.

For tonight, though, I relax in the wonder of the re-election of Barack Obama, our first African-American President.

No comments: