Sunday, August 26, 2012

Echoing Tillich

I don't know when, where or how it happened. I don't know if there is a God-gene that opens people up to an experience of the Holy Other.

I do know that it has never been a doubt. I cannot make myself NOT believe. Somehow or other- and I also echo Jung- I don't believe in God, I know there is a God.

This is not based on knowledge or intellect. It is far richer and deeper than any words I can find. Even as I have left the Church's ministry, I still DO for God.

Ministry.

I still hear the call. I still read and write to explore, wrestle and live more fully in God's grace.

I can't NOT do this.

It is passion. At some level of my soul I am captive.

Gently held, so
No matter what I believe
Today or
What fears or joys I face

Lord I am still here.

No comments: