Sunday, October 09, 2011

Two Things of Note



The world continues to mourn the loss of Steve Jobs. A celebrity, of course. But we are also celebrating the innovations he has championed and devised and dreamed of that are now reality. We will never know what else might have been.




First of note is the cover of the New Yorker, here on the right....

Second of note, perhaps not all that amazingly, was a joke on NPR's news quiz, Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. My shortened (and corrected) version goes like so:
Steve Jobs get to the heavenly entrance and immediately does what he does best- innovate and re-design. "So, what's with all these pearly things. So out of fashion. Wouldn't brushed aluminum look better.

"And let's not call them 'gates.' "

(I said I corrected it. The joke on NPR had St. Paul at the entrance instead of St. Peter.
The panelists corrected it so I guess I can, too.)

No comments: