Thursday, May 19, 2011

Birds and More Birds

Oh the wonder of a nice spring day. We haven't had a lot of those around these parts yet. One here, another there. That's about it. Well, Sunday was one of them so I stopped by Whitewater State Park after church and sat out by the bird feeder for a good half-hour. I was not disappointed.

BudOriole
Oriole and a spring bud!




The spring migration is on, coming in a blast of birds. They were wonderfully loud and wonderfully active. Kind of how I felt getting over this outdoor-deficit spring.

2Birds
Sorry it's out-of-focus. But the colors are great!



Grosbeak



A Grosbeak just sitting there posing for me. I sat quietly and enjoyed the show. Quite a morning.

It was a truly colorful time. Everything seemed so rich and alive, reminding me of the wonders of the season and why I look forward to it.
TripleBill
Take a close-look. It's a triple-bill of an Oriole.

SharingFriends 



I don't know whether they intend to be friends or not, but they were sharing the space on the branch for at least a few minutes.


It's my first trip since snowshoeing in winter.

Birds1 at Whitewater State Park, MN
Winter Bird feeder
I'm looking forward to another great season of hiking and photography!

No comments: