Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Always Knew This to Be True.

New research has found that those with higher IQs tend to be nocturnal night-owls. That's what The Week has reported.

Some of the info:

Eveningness is an "evolutionarily novel preference" made by people with "a higher level of cognitive complexity." Basically, smart people evolve to stay up later.
So far so good. I would agree as a historic night person. It appears to be genetic, with which I would certainly agree. I have been a night person my whole life. Just because I get up at 5:30 every weekday morning and go work out has not changed that desire to stay up later and work and read.

But there is a downside:
Night owls tend to be less reliable, more emotionally unstable, and more likely to have problems with addictions and eating disorders, according to a 2008 study by psychologist Marina Giamnietro.
I'll have to get back to you on that one.





Morningness-Eveningness Test

No comments: