Wednesday, November 03, 2010

The Day After- At Last

All I can think of today is, that for the moment, the politics are ever so slightly quieter. At least the ads. I am still in a form of post-traumatic stress disorder over the campaign. It makes me shudder. No, not the outcome, necessarily, but the whole campaign itself.

As I sat and reflected this evening all I could think of was the following song from the 60s.

Love is but a song we sing
fear's the way we die
You can make the mountains ring
or make the angels cry

Though the dove is on the wing
and you may not know why

Come on people now
smile on your brother
everybody get together
and try to love one another right now

If you hear the song I sing
you will understand...listen
You hold the key to love and fear
all in your trembling hand
Just one key unlocks them both
Its there at your command

Come on people now
smile on your brother
Everybody get together
try to love one another right now



Or, perhaps, maybe this one:

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

No comments: