Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Three Thoughts on Vocation

I find it interesting that poets, speakers, and preachers all say the same thing. It's only in how they say it that makes it different. In the difference may be the way to reach more people.

My object in living is to unite
My avocation and my vocation
As my two eyes make one in sight.
Only where love and need are one,
And the work is play for mortal stakes,
Is the deed ever really done
For heaven and the future´s sakes.
by Robert Frost, from Two Tramps in Mud Time

It’s not enough to have lived. We should be determined to live for something. May I suggest that it be creating joy for others, sharing what we have for the betterment of personkind, bringing hope to the lost and love to the lonely.
…Leo F. Buscaglia

The place where God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.
- Frederick Buechner

No comments: