Tuesday, August 31, 2010

And Summer Nears Its End

Today is the last day of meteorological summer. I woke up to the sound of thunder and rain. I walked outside into a tropical air mass, fogging my glasses. It still felt like summer. But that is about to change.

Thunder storms, rain, wind, clouds- signs of a cold front which is forecast to drop the temperatures into the 70s, actually normal for this time of year. 80s are still forecast for next week but we really do not need a weatherman in Minnesota to tell you that now we are on borrowed time. The calendar turns to September tomorrow and fall is on the way.

And now as I put the finishing touches to this post, severe thunderstorms have rumbled through the area, rain came down and the wind was blowing again. I'm not entirely ready to give up on summer yet.

No comments: